Wednesday, June 17, 2015

You Deserve a Drink by Mamrie Hart Review



Mamrie Hart, the creator of YouTube channel You Deserve a Drink takes you on a journey through her ridiculous misadventures. From her Glamour Shots as a child to the New Years Eve she spent high on mushrooms. Mamrie holds no bonds in this charming, funny book.

I love Mamrie Hart. She is one of my favourite YouTubers so when I heard she was coming out with a book I wanted it. I actually ended up buying it on the day it came out completely by accident. You can't help but read this book in Mamrie's voice. It has her charm and wit, literally written all over it. She does such a good job taking you into parts of her life and the best part is no matter how ridiculous it is, you believe that she did it. It is funny, witty, a bit saucy and over all a good read.

I honestly feel like this book was genuine. It held true to the Mamrie Hart we see on YouTube. I feel like sometimes viewers don't know if the person we watch on YouTube is real and if their books are just money grabs. I felt like with You Deserve a Drink it was Mamrie and I really liked that. She told us the truth about her life and it felt real. It didn't feel like a money grab. So thank you Mamrie Hart.

Over all I would give this book 3.4/5 stars. There were parts of the books where I was finding myself a bit bored and wishing it would go by quicker but honestly I would recommend this to anyone looking for a funny read.

No comments:

Post a Comment