Saturday, August 1, 2015

VidCon 2015


As some of you may know I recently traveled down to Anaheim, California last week with my two friends Dallas and Callista for the 6th annual VidCon. And I had a great time. We went for 6 days, leaving Wednesday July 22nd and coming back Monday July 27th. The convention was three days and holy crap was it a whirlwind of a weekend. I honestly had the best time, it was so crazy and weird but REALLY fun.

For those of you who don't know what VidCon is, VidCon is a internet convention created by Hank Green from the Vlogbrothers. It is a place for viewers and creators to come and basically just have fun. You can buy merch, go to panels, play games, meet your favourites, watch interviews, there is no shortage of stuff to do over these 3 days.

When we were planning the trip, it didn't feel real. It didn't feel like it was actually a thing that was going to happen until we got there. It was really cool to be somewhere where everyone has one thing in common, YouTube. You could literally start a conversation with anyone and they would be friendly about it. I mean when I was in line for a meet and greet I was talking to a few girls and they were so sweet and they were into the same stuff as I was. It is just such a cool experience to be somewhere where every one is collectively excited. The whole convention felt very welcoming.

My meet and greets were amazing. I'm not going to go too much into them because I'm going to write a separate blog post for each of the meet and greets I went to but I was lucky enough to meet my biggest inspirations while I was there. I met, Jack Howard, Dean Dobbs, Bertie Gilbert, Ben Cook, Tim H and Hannah Hart. These are the people who inspire me creatively and just in general. And meeting them and knowing that they are real is just the best thing. Nothing can top that for me.

Honestly I left this whole convention feeling inspire to create more stuff. I didn't get to see very many panels because of the pass I got but that's okay. What I saw was enough to have me leave inspired and ready to create. Which means I will definitely be putting more work into this blog and hopefully starting to make YouTube videos as well. I did vlog the weekend and when that is up I will definitely let you guys know.  And I have lots of posts lined up for this space as well!

Until next time!
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment